Monday, October 09, 2006

Mountain Day

This weekend was Mountain Day at Berry! It was so good to be back, seeing old friends and enjoying the beauty of the campus. The weather was perfect-sunny, not too hot or too cold. Every year it seems fewer and fewer of my friends come back, but I still got to catch up with some old friends and reminisce a little on college days. I am the first to graduate from Berry among the Huggins; Gretchen graduated in 2004, and Josh just started his freshman year. That night we went to the Mountain Day Talent Show because Josh was playing the guitar and singing an original song. We thought he did an awesome job, and apparently the judges agreed-he won the competition!!








We went and visited the Ford buildings-where I lived for 3 years. Jon and I went back and saw each room I had lived in. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since I moved into my freshman dorm room. The picture below is of me by my freshman dorm room-East Mary 241. Things didn't really seem all that different there...amazing how much has happened in my life the past 10 years. Here's to another 10-I wonder what all they will hold? Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I lived in East Mary my freshman year too! 237 I think! The pictures are great! We didn't make it - but it looked like a great day! Love the B&W - I have one of me and Mason on the front porch at the end of the march area and it's one of my favorite pictures!

keri said...

fun pictures! i think we may have had the same room!! i was on 2nd east mary my freshman year (with melissa!) and i'm thinking my room was 241...i'll have to look it up in my scrapbook :)

i love it when the weather is perfect on mtn day. the past few times we've been, it has been so HOT. anyway, glad it was a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Its so much fun to stroll down memory lane and visit sweet parts of our past! I'm so glad you guys had a great time and I also love the pictures!