Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Good-bye 5058 Lancashire Court!
Well, it's now official. Our house sold! We closed on Friday morning. The people who bought the house have two little girls, and the family seemed really excited to be moving in. They said as soon as they walked in, they knew that was home for them. It's nice to know the Lord sent them along at the right time-His time. We went back to the house before closing to get a couple of things we had left there. It was pretty emotional for me, just thinking of all the memories we've made there. I stood in the doorway of Abigail's room, remembering all the time spent there. As much as we were ready for the house to sell, there's a little part of me that would still like to be living there. I'm thankful though for where the Lord has brought us, and for the way He has carried us through these past few months. He has given us a new home. And we have already made many memories at this new place! Thanks to all of you who have prayed for us through this process. Our prayers have been answered!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I remember you saying one time about this that you wish God would "just come through for you again this time" and now I recognize that it wasn't that God wasn't coming through for you, but perhaps He was waiting because the new family wasn't ready until now. I know it must be a hard transition still... but next time, maybe you'll be the new family coming along at the perfect time as the answer to someone else's prayer. :)
Love, Keri
Thank the Lord!! I'm so glad that it sold. But I understand the bittersweetness of such a transition. =) I hope to be able to see y'all soon.
we are celebrating with you!! but a little sad at the same time...that was just a little piece of the huggins that you left behind for us! and now its gone :( sniff sniff! really...praise GOD...i'm glad that is off your shoulders now. were you at ELCC sunday or just here for closing? we were in columbus, so wasn't sure if you saw anyone.
congrats!!
Yippee! I'm so glad it's officially sold. I'm sure that's such a relief, but I also understand the mixed emotions. Saying goodbye to one era of your life and welcoming in another is almost always bittersweet. We'll miss you guys being Georgians!
Praise the Lord! It's hard to leave the house where you became a Mommy for the first time. Just a reminder that we're sojourners, tent-dwellers, for now. Kisses to the girls. Love, Amanda
sweet friend, it was so good to see you and meet beautiful little Ava! I'm so glad about your house and missing you at the same time! Love you!
Mitch and I were watching "Sell This House" and talking about all the emotions that must go with selling your home - a place where so many memories were made!
I'm glad it sold,too...but I do understand the memories you feel are there! I hope your new home makes up for it,though...with lots of fun memories with your 2 daughters!
Congrats to you!
Kim
Congrats, guys! I know that was a burden ... so glad everything worked out.
Post a Comment