Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pride goes before a fall...

I should know better than to brag...yesterday at Target Abigail informed me she was "pee-peeing" as we shopped. Of course the bathrooms are at the front of the store and we were at the back! We had even stopped by the bathroom when we first got there, but apparently she had to go again. I picked up a package of panties (I had a change of clothes for her in the car, but it would have taken way too long to get them!) and we hurried to the bathroom. When we got there I realized her pants were soaked too, even though she was wearing panties with rubber pants over them. I sat her back on the potty and she exclaimed loudly enough for all in the bathroom to hear, "Mommy, I'm trying to poo-poo!" Never a dull moment with this child! Anyway, after I got her cleaned up we went back to meet Grammy (my mom), and she bought Abigail a new outfit. I guess there are perks to having an accident in the middle of Target!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Oh my! We had a similar incident in K-mart not too long ago. That is one of those funny things you'll forget in a few months and it will be funny to look back at this blog and laugh. (Hopefully.) :)

Anonymous said...

And I always summer came before fall. We have been having accidents lately too, three pairs of underware yesterday-not to mention the pants. And the school called wanting me to bring in new socks and shoes since he had an accident there too...woops I didn't have the phone with me in Bible study-God knew I needed the break. :)

keri said...

and its always good to keep grandmothers around when something like that happens!! and now you have a peeing in public story to tell like the rest of us...ella peed all over the chair in the library. fun stuff.

Kelly said...

This story sounds vaguely familiar . . .(smile)