Well, this is my 50th post, so I guess I will attempt to tell you 50 things about me. This may take some thought! Okay, here goes...
1. My middle name is Erin.
2. My maiden name is Hoffman-I went from one H to another!
3. My birthday is January 12th-I share this birthday with my twin sister!
4. I have lived in Georgia my whole life, up until last August when I moved to Tennessee.
5. I went to a Christian school from kindergarten through 6th grade, then changed to public school.
6. I went to Berry College and graduated with a degree in Middle grades Education.
7. Jon and I started dating August 21, 1999. Our first date was eating at a place in Rome called Dee's Place. Then we watched the movie Patch Adams together.
8. We were engaged May 16, 2000 and got married March 31, 2001.
9. We will have been married 6 years this month. ( I guess you could have done the math!)
10. Our honeymoon was in Sanibel Island, Florida. We stayed in a little cottage right on the beach.
11. I taught 5th grade for 3 years and 4th grade for 1 year.
12. I worked at Sylvan Learning Center for a year or so while I was teaching.
13. I worked at Chick-fil-A in high school.
14. I worked food services my freshman year in college. I had to be in the cafeteria at 6 am 2 days a week to prepare and serve breakfast.
15. I also worked at the Elementary Lab School on campus with the kindergarten for a year.
16. Then I became a Resident Assistant, definitely my favorite of the campus jobs.
17. Currently, the closest thing I have to a job (outside the home) is helping my dad with his free tract ministry. I get emails from people requesting tracts, and I package them up and send them out. His website is www.wordsoflifetracts.com
18. Abigail was born May 30, 2004. She was 5 days early and weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz.
19. Ava was born December 8, 2006. She was 9 days early and weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz.
20. I love being a stay at home mom. It's what I have always wanted to do.
21. My favorite season is fall. It has been summer my whole life, up until this past year. I guess that's what being pregnant in the hot summer will do to you!
22. Some of my favorite foods are: chips and salsa from a Mexican restaurant,
23. a Flo's Filet from Longhorn, and
24. Chocolate ice cream-any kind with nuts in it
25. My favorite drinks are sweet tea and coffee.
26. My family has always gone to St. Augustine, Florida for vacation. It's like a second home for us.
27. The farthest west I have ever been is Arizona to visit my friend Amanda.
28. The farthest north I have been is Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. Both those trips were with my sister, and my friends Mandi and Amanda.
29. The farthest south I have been is Costa Rica. I went there on a mission trip with my youth group in 1996. ( My sister, Mandi, and Amanda were there too-that's pretty cool! )
30. I always wanted a brother growing up-now I have 3-Jon's brother Josh, Christy's husband Justin, and Gretchen's (Jon's sister) soon to be husband Zach.
31. I am the matron of honor in Gretchen's wedding in August. : )
32. I have been a bridesmaid 4 times.
33. I have sung in many weddings, some with my sister, but mostly with Jon.
34. My favorite thing to wear is jeans, flip flops, and a comfy shirt.
35. I've never had a broken bone.
36. I played softball for 7 years (6th grade-12th grade) and I was a pitcher.
37. I also played intramural softball and flag football in college.
38. I have the bad habit of starting books and never finishing them.
39. I like doing crossword puzzles.
40. One day I would like to write a children's book and have my dad illustrate it-he's an artist.
41. My favorite things to play with as a child were barbies and cabbage patch kids.
42. I don't like overhead lights-I much prefer lamps.
43. I got glasses in 4th grade and have worn contacts since I was in 7th grade.
44. I wore braces for almost 4 years.
45. I hate roaches.
46. While I like to be near the ocean or go to the pool, I don't like to swim.
47. My favorite tv shows are American Idol, 24, and Lost.
48. I think one of my greatest blessings is having been blessed with wonderful friends my whole life.
49. I love my husband dearly-he is the other side of me.
50. Through all of my life, the Lord has been my salvation and strength. He is my greatest blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
I love it! Some things I didn't know about you, some things I did, and some that I had forgotten.
Love you, Amanda
I'm impressed that you were able to think of not just 50 things about yourself, but 50 interesting things, some of which I already knew, most of which I didn't. Thank you. :)
Love, Keri
That was fun to read, Lisa. Are you going to play softball for the church? I didn't know you had taught school for 4 years. Wow!
Scott and I really enjoyed Jon's SS class today. He is a great teacher!
So fun to get to know a little more about you!
Thanks for posting this. I love finding out new things about my friends.
fun list. i never knew your middle name was erin! and it was fun to hear about your berry jobs....the dining hall job had to be the worst!
Hi, Lisa-
I found your blog through Rhianna's. I used to work with Christy at UMCH before I had my baby, and I'm also a Berry alum (Rhi's class). It's fun to find your blog. Ava is beautiful! I had never seen her picture before, and Abagail is such a big girl now!
I'm staying at home now with my Brennan. It's a great privilege and an amazing amount of work, but I'm really loving it!
Take Care!
Brea
It's so fun that so many of my 50 facts would be the same as yours! I love being your twin and can't think of anyone I'd rather be this similar too :) Love you! Sissy
It's so fun that so many of my 50 facts would be the same as yours! I love being your twin and can't think of anyone I'd rather be this similar too :) Love you! Sissy
Great list! Thanks for sharing! Some stuff really surprised me!
Lisa,
I'm impressed with your list! I might steal the idea at some point when I run out of things to post...!
Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with us. I love keeping up with your family through this blog. Don't you just love the internet and email?!?
It's funny how there are so many things about us that are different, but I love chips & salsa at Mexican restaurants, and my favorite shows are also American Idol, 24 & Lost! Oh, and I hate roaches, too.
Has our church tried to recruit you for the women's softball team? You should play if you can, because the other players are so awesome. I know you would love to get to know them and they you.
Andy and I started dating almost exactly one year after you, we got married 2 months later and had a baby almost a year earlier...where did we get off track???
Congrats on your 50th post!
I loved this post! I learned new things -- I had no idea you were this rockin' softball star in your teen years :) and that Gretchen is getting married and that you're helping with your dad's tract ministry! You should do another post like this soon so I can learn more cool things about you :)
Love & miss you!! Deborah
Lisa,
Gretchen frequently forwards me your blog so that I can peek into the life of your precious family. I loved your 50 things.....and of course I think Ava nad Abigail are so adorable!
I love blogs, but they make it hard for me to get work done, because I love getting to know people! Blessings, Betty Bergen
Post a Comment