Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Kidney Stones

So I found out today that I have kidney stones...great news, huh? I had a CT scan done yesterday that confirmed it. Anyone reading this ever had them before? I go to the doctor on Thursday to go over the results. I'm not sure what he will tell me. I know there are some pretty crazy home remedies out there. I'll let you know if I end up trying any of them!

5 comments:

keri said...

yuck! i'm so sorry!! are you in a lot of pain? one of rusty's friends had them and it was very painful. so you just have to wait til they pass?? icky!

btw...sorry i didn't comment about your house photos...but i love it! i'm so happy you guys are in a house again and enjoying more space :)

i miss you!!

Robyn said...

Oh no!! I have never had them, but like Keri said, I think they are pretty painful. I hope they pass quickly and fairly uneventfully.

Donna said...

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear that you have kidney stones! I wonder what path your doctor will take. My friend actually had surgery to get rid of them, but I know Aaron Self at church just had to take pain killers and pass them.

I meant to tell you today that that bread freezes well. They said just to double bag it. After you thaw it out, just pop it in the oven at 400 for 4-5 mins.

I will be praying for you!

Melissa said...

I've had them twice - once while I was pregnant! I think I prefer unmedicated childbirth to passing kidney stones. Emergency room trips both times - GREAT pain medicine - whee hee! But if they've found yours before they pass on their own, maybe something different can be done.

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

You poor thing! I've heard not so good things about kidney stones :( Keep us updated...
Love & prayers, Deborah