Abigail turned 3 today. It seems a lifetime ago and yet just a moment ago too that she was born. I began having contractions on the 29th,the night before, around 10:00. I labored all through the night, and when my contractions had come about every 5 minutes for an hour we called our midwife. She said to come on in to the hospital! I was about 4 cm dilated by the time we got to the hospital. Thankfully it only took us about 40 minutes to get there since it was a good distance from our house and traffic could have been a nightmare. This was a Sunday morning at 5 am, so not too many people were on the road! I waited until I was about 7 cm dilated to get my epidural, then enjoyed the rest I got for a couple of hours! I started pushing about 1:15, and Abigail was born a long hour and a half later, at 2:46 pm. She was 6 pounds, 9 ounces. I was surprised to see she had a head full of dark, curly hair. For some reason I expected her to have blonde hair like me! It was such a sweet and happy moment to meet our daughter for the first time. We announced her name and introduced her to our families a few minutes later. Our lives have never been the same!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Happy Big 3 Abigail! It's been so fun to watch you become such a big girl!
Happy Birthday Abigail.
happy birthday to abigail! she is such a doll...i have enjoyed watching her grow!
Thinking about the wonderful day Abigail was born brings tears to my eyes. We had no idea what joy was coming with that tiny little baby. She is so precious to me. Happy Birthday, Abigail. I love you! Aunt Christy
It brings tears to my eyes too. Does anything compare to holding your first-born for the first time? We're so thankful for your life, Abigail. Happy Birthday!!
Love, Amanda
p.s. Is she hugging a penguin?
I remember that day! :) And, I can't believe it was three years ago! Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!
Happy birthday, Abigail! It does just seem like yesterday that you were born! Wow!
We love you!
Happy Bday abigail! amazing how much she looks like Jon in that new born picture-all white and wrinkly! :)
Post a Comment