At least that's what one of the guys in our youth group has said since Jon and I are now owners of a minivan! Yes, it's true, we've taken the plunge. Somehow at this point in life we find the convenience of a minivan much more important than being "cool"-and hey, I think we make having a minivan look cool! : )
We traded in our Saturn this morning for a Ford Windstar. It is so nice and pretty! Abigail was jumping up and down because she was so excited about getting in it for the first time. Can't wait to show it off to all of you!

11 comments:
Congrats! This is a time in your life to choose function over form!
welcome to the mini-van world of coolness! now you need a t-shirt like mine that says "i'm too sexy for my mini van" :)
you are going to LOVE the convenience and the space!!
Oh my friend-I tell you as some one who loves you dearly...there is no making the minivan cool. Stick with the convenience excuse it's the only one that will keep you going-just look at Keri. She's still trying to suck the rest of us in. I will not go with out a fight.
I can just picture Abigail! Mason is intrigued by minivans - all that space to play!
It's the sign of the times, Lisa. If we can get our hands on a van over here, we're gonna go for it! Enjoy your "maturing" as a family!
Congratulations! I think as long as you don't stop shaving above the knees and wear giant sunglasses, then you're still a "cool" mom. :)
Congrats on being the owner of a new mini-van. By the way, if the youth had to choose between being able to drive a mini-van or having no wheels at all, I think he'd choose the mini-van. He might try to disguise himself though. I'll bet Abigal thinks it's way cool to have Mom driving a mini-van. You're going to love it.
Nice! It does seem inevitable, at some point, that all moms will drive a mini van. Congratulations!
A minivan is going to be our next purchase also. We thought we would be find with the Explorer, but it just isn't working. Hopefully, we'll join the "cool mom" club soon.
I'm with Sara - I won't give in without a fight, either!! :)
But congratulations! I bet you are really going to enjoy it! Maybe you can take us all for a spin the next time you are in town :)
Love, Deborah
Congrats to you guys!-You're going to love all the room-sorry Sara but some things have to go in light of space and comfort!
Post a Comment