Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Friend time!
What a wonderful day! I had the blessing of visiting with some of my Georgia friends today. It was wonderful to see them again. Some of them I hadn't seen in 10 months since we moved to Tennessee. It's amazing how much kids change in that amount of time! I felt like I had never left and had a terrific time catching up with everyone and watching our kids play together.
I came back home tonight so that Abigail could go to her Summer Camp at church tomorrow. I knew it would be nice to have some time at home tomorrow to get caught up on laundry, grocery shopping, and errands. I was a little nervous about the drive home, knowing I was pretty tired and with both girls most likely sleeping most of the way, I wouldn't have anyone to talk to. I asked the Lord to really help me because the first 30 minutes or so I was feeling pretty sleepy. We stopped at Duncan Donuts for some iced coffee and a chocolate frosted donut. I figured that would help keep me going. Little did I know I wouldn't need any help staying awake, for sweet little Ava cried the last hour and a half home! It's pretty hard to feel sleepy with a crying baby in the backseat! So the Lord answered my prayer-just not exactly in the way I expected!
The picture above is of Abigail and her friend Lainey. They picked up right where they left off and had a blast playing together! I didn't take many other pictures of everyone-we were too busy talking and laughing together! To those who came today, I love you all and thank God for your friendships, in spite of the distance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
"Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold."
(your post made me think of these lyrics from my brief Girl Scout days)
Love you, Lisa! We're so glad you and the girls could make it down for a visit-we're just like the little girls, picking right up where we left off!( and yes, the guilt trip did work)
I'm so sad I missed you. You have to let me know when you're coming down to visit your nephew again. BTW, my favorite part of your blog is Abigail's comments. She cracks me up. :)
Love you!
SOO glad we all got together yesterday! we sure miss having you around full-time down here! sorry about your hour and 1/2 of crying on the drive home...NOT fun. it is funny how God provides sometimes! :)
We just LOVE you Huggins girls!!! I just wished we had had even more time together!
Oh those long car rides! I'd cry too if I had to ride facing backwards! We just got to switch Miles Avery's seat recently - Praise God! It was great to see you & Abigail and meet sweet Ava!
Post a Comment