Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just a little time...

Jon had a meeting at church last night so I decided to spend the time he was gone playing with the girls. Even though I spend all day every day with them for the most part, it's not often that I just give a couple of hours to playing with them without interruptions. It always seems there is something else to be done-cleaning, cooking, emailing, etc...Abigail played with my hair for the first 45 minutes or so. The picture below shows the 25 barrettes she put in my hair! She took that picture herself too. Then we danced and sang to Miss Pattycake. And then we were back to playing "hair lady" again. I guess since Abigail got her haircut last week she likes to pretend she is the stylist now. Ava had fun too and danced to the music with us! While Abigail was fixing my hair, she leaned over and hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I think that was my little thank you from her for giving her my undivided attention. It's easy to get so busy that we don't stop and give our time to our little ones. That's what blesses them more than gifts or outings. So that's my challenge to my fellow mommies-get on the floor and play today!


 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Melissa said...

My dad used to let me brush his hair and put tons of barrettes in it!

Keri said...

*sigh* ah yes, the challenge of making good intentions into reality... Thanks for the inspiration, though. :)

p.s. - Watch Abigail to make sure she doesn't turn into hair-CUT-lady! :)

Anonymous said...

Anytime Abigail would like to be the "hair lady", I will be glad to be a customer. It's hard to get the boys to "fix" my hair. They do like to pull it if they do anything with it. John Edward does play with it if he is sleepy. I do need to make more time just to play with them, thanks for the challenge.

Sammy said...

How sweet! Hannah has been putting barrettes in my hair since she was about Abigail's age! And I completely agree about spending time with them and how special that is. I still feel like that as an adult! I long to have more uninterrupted time with D as well.

oofie goofie said...

That's a good reminder!!!!
By the way, we have had so much fun with jibjab!

keri said...

this is so sweet, lisa. a great reminder for me to take time and actually play with my little ones. i have found that with having 2 kids, i often just let them do the playing together and i don't join in. but it does bring great smiles when i do.
your hair looks lovely by the way!

Anonymous said...

Not only do you have a little hairdresser in the family but a photographer as well!!
You are right, stop and enjoy those little ones when you have the opportunity because they grow up so fast.
I remember when you were not much older than Abagail; it was fun to watch you girls as you would play
together.
"Memories", aren't they wonderful? Now we older moms are enjoying our next generation of blessings as we watch our precious grand children grow up and play with our little girls.
Let's all count our blessings for they are MANY!!
I love you guys,
Judy M.