Wednesday, September 12, 2007



A2 had her 9 month check up yesterday. She is in the 80th percentile for height and 25th for weight. The doctor said she looked great! I praise the Lord for a healthy baby. We also talked to the doctor about some of Ava's sleep issues. She has been waking up a couple of times a night again for the past few of weeks, and she actually has never really slept well. Part of the problem is that I have fed her every time she has woken up, mostly so she won't wake up sister, and now she is used to eating in the night. So we began some "sleep training" last night. A1 slept on the floor in our room. Last night really wasn't too bad, but I know the fight is only just beginning! If we stick with it though, maybe I'll start getting a full night's sleep again soon-something I haven't really had in many months!

10 comments:

Keri said...

Remember what I said a few weeks ago. It takes 3 days of a new routine to become a habit. So hang in there! :)

Sorry we didn't get to talk much this morning.

Love, Keri

Sammy said...

What a cutie! Glad to hear she's doing well and I hope you get the sleep thing taken care of soon-you'll feel like a new woman!

Kerry said...

She's so beautiful!

Just like Momma! :)

Robyn said...

Glad they are doing so well. Good luck with the sleep training, I hope she goes easy on you.

Anonymous said...

Connor didn't start sleeping through the night until after Mia was born! It was more than two years' worth of absolute battling (and here we are back at Square One with Mia. Are we nuts??).

His particularly restless periods usually coincided with reaching milestones, such as new teeth, learning to pull up or walk, etc. As he got older, I chalked it up to a restless mind! It hasn't been a picnic, but I'm glad he's finally getting his sleep...even if Mom and Dad aren't!

Prayers for you. Let me know how it goes.

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

What a beauty! Good luck with "sleep training" :) I still feel like we get up at least a couple of times a week at night for crying children. Have you thought about putting some sort of noise maker in Abigail's room so that she doesn't hear Ava at night? We had a loud humidifier right by Lainey's bed for a while and I really think it helped her not hear John Stanley.
Love you! Deborah

Melissa said...

I would love to be able to wake up and eat in the night! Oh the joys of being a baby!

Carol Hoffman said...

I am praying for good sleep for you and success in the training of Ava! Have I turned back into a baby since I don't sleep at night either? Hmmmmmmm!
I sure hope I don't act like one. Maybe I need some training too! Ha! Ha!
Love,
Mom

Amanda said...

I was checking out links on a friends site and came across your blog! How are you? I am doing well. I have a 2 year old son and a little girl on the way! Would love to hear from you. Check out our blog.

Anonymous said...

Glad she's growing so big. I will pray for you and everyone else-sleep training is hard on EVERYONE in the house.