Saturday, November 03, 2007

I'm not sure what got into me, but last week I decided to do some painting in the girls' room. My mom had given me some wallie stickers a few months ago for their walls, but they had started peeling off. I had the idea of just painting my own flowers on the wall. You can't see the rug very well, but the I painted the flowers to match the ones on it. It was really fun, and I'm pleased with how they turned out.


14 comments:

Carol Hoffman said...

Wow! That is great and I love it! This reminds me of the time I stenciled you and christy's room after painting it all by myself. Be proud of yourself.
I am!
Love,
Mom

Carol Hoffman said...

Wow! That is great and I love it! This reminds me of the time I stenciled you and christy's room after painting it all by myself. Be proud of yourself.
I am!
Love,
Mom

Donna said...

The flowers look so cute! Shelby wanted butterflies on her walls, and I wimped out and bought the wall stickers. You'll have to tell me how you did that. Did you free hand it or make patterns out of paper first? Great job!

Judy & Marvin said...

What a precious room for two precious little girls. I can see the edge of the rug and you matched them so perfectly. Great job, little "Mom".
By the way, I love your new website.
God bless,
Judy

Sara said...

It does look really good-I feel your pain, we have been painting a race track with a sky and hills in tyler's room and it makes me want to die a little.

Laura said...

Good job - it looks great! I bet the girls love it. I remember when my mom made butterfly curtains for my room when I was little, and I felt so special.

keri said...

great job!! the room looks so cute!

George G. Hoffman said...

Nice flidgewers!

dad : )

Robyn said...

so, so cute. I love the flowers and I know the girls do too. Abby has the same fan in her room.

Kerry said...

Love it! Painting is one of my most favorite things in the world...seriously...yes, I know I'm nuts. I've been painting various rooms in my family's house since they left. :)

The Wyatts said...

Good job, sissy! Those flowers make the room so adorable. Can't wait to see you soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love it!

David, Christy, Hannah and Jacob said...

Lisa,

I am about to do the EXACT same thing in Hannah's room! SHe ahs flowers on her comforter and I wanted to trace them onto transparent paper and project it onto the wall so I could copy it then paint it. Who knows how well that will work...I could end up free handing it like you did, although I rarely have a "free hand" any more these days!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, Lisa, that looks awesome! I'm so impressed!!