Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We have taken Abigail to ride the Pink Pig at Lenox mall in Atlanta for the past 3 years. I rode it many times as a child myself! Each year I get the ornament, so we actually have 3 pink pig ornaments. This was 2005's version I think. This year will be Ava's first time!
No, this is not an ornament for Ava's 1st Christmas. Boo was the cat Jon got me the first year we were married. We don't have the cat anymore-he lives up north with a sweet older lady now who spoils him rotten! We still hang the ornament though to remember him!
This ornament is really special to us. We bought it in December of 2005 and were going to give it to our parents to tell them we were expecting a baby. We lost that baby before Christmas came (our second miscarriage that year), but we kept the ornament to remind us of our little ones in Heaven.
My 6th grade teacher gave me this ornament. She was always one of my favorite teachers and she inspired me to teach.
An ornament we got the year we were engaged...


3 comments:

oofie goofie said...

I love ornaments that have special memories attached!

What is the "pink pig"?

keri said...

those were fun to see and hear what makes them special. thanks for sharing :)

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to see that someone else has memories of riding the Pink Pig! My husband thinks I'm nuts and most of my friends here have never heard of it.

Elizabeth ><>