Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wordless Wednesday


Also, here's an update on Crystal...Good news!...
Crystal has had two good days in a row with substantial sleeping time in the evening hours. The doctors have removed her from forced oxygen and she now is on a portable tank at the lowest setting (hooray!). She tires easily and so the family is requesting no phone calls or visitors. It’s so hard when she feels good to not overdo things. They are hopeful that Crystal may be able to come home on Friday, it will depend on her scans after today’s chemo treatment. This dose will complete round 1 in her chemo treatment. They are looking at 6-12 months of treatment. The children were all able to see Crystal yesterday for two 10 minute slots. Her pain was lower over the last couple of days and there was no new tumor growth.
Please pray specifically that the chemo will do it’s stuff and that there will be minimal side affects/pain for Crystal (however, these are good signs in that something is happening). Pray that her body will stay strong to endure the treatment. Continue to pray for Steve and the children and those caring for the children. Things are going so smoothly with the kids and Steve’s mom knows that it is because we are all praying that they will.

2 comments:

Judy & Marvin said...

Greetings,
I love to view your pictures, they always tell a story (even the wordless Wednesday ones)! I have one Christmas tree that I call my Memory Tree and it is filled with all the ornaments that hold special meaning to me. Every Christmas when it goes up those wonderful memories flood back and remind me of just how blessed I have been.

Also, I am so glad to hear the update on Crystal. She has been on my heart and in my prayers ever since I heard of her illness. (My heart understands what she is going through and if I can help, let me know). Prayers are "precious jewels". We know "He Who holds her life" will meet her every need.

Have a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to see those Christmas Day photos!
Love you,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Is there anything more tender than a sleeping child? Thanks for sharing those pics. We're praying for Crystal and family; keep us updated.
Love you,
Amanda