Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I'm back!



Well, I guess it's about time to start blogging again! I'm ready to start getting back into a routine again...which means I am back!

We had a really great Christmas. The girls had so much fun opening their gifts and being with family. This Christmas seemed more relaxed and fun than ever, just the way I like it! Some of our fun times included worshiping with our church family at the Christmas Eve service, riding the Pink Pig (follow the link if you have no idea what I'm talking about!), laughing and eating with lots of family, having breakfast Christmas morning at Waffle House (I think this might be a new tradition), and jumping up and down in the girls' new inflatable "jumpy thing" as Abigail calls it.

I'm excited about 2008 and all it holds. I know the Lord will be working and bringing His kingdom to Earth more and more, and I'm excited to be a part of that in some way. I don't usually make resolutions for the new year, but this year I am making two. Here they are!

1. Read through the Bible this year. It has been a long time since I've done this and I really want to! I started reading the Chronological One Year Bible and I really like it so far. I'm already on January 9th-I'm anticipating getting behind! : )

2. Have more people over to our home. Looking back on this year, we haven't had as much company as I would have liked. I hope to be a little more hospitable this year.

So there they are! Check back with me next January and see how I did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad your back! That picture is precious! Hope to get to see you soon.

Kerry said...

Hey! I love resolution #1...its one of mine, too. :) I bought a journaling Bible and I'm reading through a one-year Chronological plan and I'm loving it!

Can't wait to see you and your girls this weekend!!! :)

Elizabeth said...

For years, my family went to the Waffle House for breakfast on Christmas morning. It's a tradition that I truly miss.