It's been a while since my last post...I've told some people I either haven't had much to say, or that maybe I just didn't want my thoughts shared with the world! It's been a crazy couple of weeks. We are fully into "transition" time. Jon started commuting a couple of weeks ago. He's going down one day a week and spending the night there and coming back the next day. Then we are all going on the weekends. So far it's been okay, but certainly not ideal. We kind of forget where we live sometimes! We are anxious to be living in the place God has called us to and we are both very excited about all that is in store. The GracePointe launch team already feels like a family to us and we have been blessed already by their encouragement. The girls are doing okay with it all. Abigail has already made a friend at our new church which really helps. She's confused though about where we go to church now, what's changing and what's staying the same. We had a launch team meeting Sunday night, and Abigail started crying when we were leaving. She said, "Mommy, I don't want to be done with this place yet!" I explained to her that we would come back and that made her feel better. She is still going to preschool in Hixson, and I'm still going to Bible study there, so she's doing a lot of back and forth with all that too. Pray for her as she adjusts. She has been more clingy than usual as she senses all the change. Aside from all that, she has said some hilarious things lately. Most of them aren't appropriate to post : ), but I'll share one. Yesterday I was painting her toenails and Jon walked in the bathroom. She looked at him and said, "This is a special moment." We both cracked up laughing and of course she keeps saying it now over and over. She really seems to be growing up these last couple of weeks too-in her appearance, and also in her vocabulary and maturity. We're so proud of her.
Ava is really beginning to show her personality more too. The funniest thing about her is her stomach. She is always hungry and eats constantly. Somehow though she has the skinniest arms and legs (wonder where she gets that!) but her stomach is huge, especially after a meal! She looks like a tiny pregnant woman. It's hilarious. She is still as sweet and snuggly as ever and loves to copy her sister. Today she put on Abigail's dress up high heels and pushed the baby stroller around the house, just like Abigail does.
As for me, I have good days and bad days with all this change. It has really been a battle to believe the truth about God in all this. We had really hoped our house would have sold by now. I was telling Jon today how much I don't like this commuting, and he said we can either believe God doesn't love us, or that He loves us too much to let this be really easy. I've been thinking about that today and it's so true. The Lord has proven His love over and over again so I have no choice but to believe. I remind myself again that He sees the big picture and I don't. And I remind myself that He loves me, and that's enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
thanks for sharing your thoughts lisa...it is a tough time, but i'm so thankful that you have been encouraged by your new church family. what a blessing to already feel like you are fitting in and you have so much to look forward to when you finally arrive full time. i'm praying for that house to sell!
love you!
I love you, friend!
I appreciate your honesty. I am proud of you as you travel back and forth as I know the packing and living out of suitcase is a bummer. We don't always understand God's ways but we do know He loves us and I am so glad you know that and I will pray that along this part of the journey God's presence and blessings will be evident to your heart. I know I certainly have enjoyed having you all even though I know it is not home it has been a special moment as Abigail says.
Love,
Mom
I've been wondering how things were going... I'm sorry it hasn't been easy and I am praying for you! It seems that big changes are never easy, but there's always something of value that comes out of the struggle. I love you guys!
Am praying for the transition. The last part about God loves was encouraging to ME so thanks for writing...whenever you can. :)
Thanks for sharing your heart, Lisa. And thanks for sharing Abigail's comments - they always make me giggle. I've told several people about the "pantyhose" comment - that one still makes me laugh. :)
I can't wait until God gets done loving you guys enough to let you move here for real. :) I imagine we've got lots of fun times ahead in this corner of north Fulton/Forsyth!
I love it when you post things about Ava that are so similar to Noelle. Just this week in the bathtub, Connor asked why Noelle's tummy was so big. He said he thought it was too big for her body.
Whenever I realize I'm thinking too much about how difficult my life is at a given moment, I focus on all my many blessings. I truly thank God for all the things I don't have that I don't want to have - serious illness, catastrophe, extreme poverty, just to name a few.
Post a Comment