I wanted to post about our Ava Boo since she is 18 months old now! Hard to believe my little baby is that old already. She has really changed and started showing her personality more over the last couple of months. I really had predicted for about the first year of her life that Ava was going to be our laid back, more passive child. More go-with-the-flow, easy, quiet little girl. Well, that theory has gone out the window as of late! Ava has become extremely vocal-she likes to talk constantly and it's often at the top of her lungs! She loves to yell Mommy or Daddy or Baby (her favorite toy) as loud as she can over and over. It doesn't matter if I respond to her or not, she continues to yell! She carries a baby around the house about 80% of the day and loves to change the baby's diaper, give her a bottle, pretend to put her down for a nap. It's really cute. I also love to hear her call Abigail-she calls her Issy (Sissy). She still loves to eat. Her favorite foods are spaghetti, broccoli, grapes, macaroni and cheese, and cookies. She and Abigail are really starting to fight too. It's so interesting to see their personalities come out as they relate to each other. Ava is the aggressive one in the relationship-she pulls her sister's hair, hits her in the face, takes away her toys, and says "no!" to her on a daily basis. Abigail usually just cries when she does those things and comes to tell Jon or me. She rarely fights back. I am struggling to know how you resolve conflicts between a 4 year old and an 18 month old! It's quite a challenge.
Ava also has fallen in love with the pool-it took a little while, but it is now her favorite place. She is fearless too and will step right off the edge of the pool to me. I'm trying to teach her not to jump until I count to three because she will jump whether you're ready to catch her or not! So now she says "three!" until I put her on the side and count to three and she jumps in the water. It's really cute.
I took Ava to the doctor today and she is in the 90th percentile for her height and 10th percentile for her weight. She only weighs 20lbs, 14 oz. But she is healthy and happy and growing. I couldn't be more proud of her or love her more. She makes me smile all day long and her kisses and hugs keep me going. Her name means life and that truly is what she brings to all who know her!
By the way...post coming soon on Abigail-my big 4 year old!

7 comments:
I think I'm always the first to comment on your posts. Thank you for sharing about Avaboo. I just kept thinking, "Oh my goodness!" I think you described exactly what has been going on in our house, minus the playing with baby part. Mathis and Rachel fight all the time. He shoves her and pushes her and she cries and doesn't fight back. We don't know what to do either. And he screams words at us regularly. Maybe it's a second born thing where they feel like they have to compete and scream to get our attention? Anyway. Thanks for posting this. I miss you guys.
Thanks for the great update! I was just thinking about you guys today. I'm going to be in GA for a few weeks in July...maybe we can get together. Anyway, I can't believe how your little girls have grown! It makes me feel old...
Oh how cute and big Ava looks! I loved hearing how she is so not what you expected. God often does that. Enjoy every min. and pray a lot. Kathy N.
What a joy my sweet Ava! I love this baby thing with her and watching her care for her baby and put on many diapers and then take them off. She makes her Grammy smile and laugh and remember.
Hang in there with the fighting. I used to make you each apologized to each other looking at each other in the face. Of course that is a little hard with the age difference but it won't be long till you will be able to teach them to do the resolving themselves. Every age has its challenges and you and Jon are doing a great job. Pray and pray and then pray some more and ask God for wisdom to understand, apply and be consistent with your decisions on how to handle. Okay enough of motherly advice. Maybe I over did a little. I support you in your role and you are doing a great job.
Love,
Mom (Grammy)
I love your mom. :) She's so encouraging. What a blessing for you and Christy.
Ava has become such a beautiful little girl! It is fun to hear about her personality emerging. I hope we can hang with you guys soon and see some of her spunkiness for ourselves. :)
She's so cute and big! I can't believe how much she's grown, don't you hate how they do that? Jackson is 3 1/2 and I can hardly believe it. Hopefully we will see you guys at a playgroup or when we come visit gracepointe
Post a Comment