Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In light of my previous post, I wanted to pose a question to everyone with kids...
What songs do you sing often with your kids?
We usually sing together before bed. Right now, we sing Jesus Loves Me, Amazing Grace, and either the Doxology or the Zephaniah 3:17 song. Those are our favorites. I'd love to hear yours!

8 comments:

Keri said...

Oh, well, our actual "bedtime" songs vary between Holy Holy Holy (Mathis's very favorite), Be Thou My Vision, 'Tis So Sweet, Jesus Lover of My Soul and Isaiah 43. But since Rachel was little, we have been trying to teach her at least the first verses to hymns. She also loves Amazing Grace, Jesus I Come, Come Thou Fount, the Doxology and a few others. I loved the post of Abigail singing. I saw it last night after Rachel had gone to bed and forgot to show it to her today. I will show her, though. She'll love that. :)

Keri said...

Oh, and Jesus Loves Me, of course.

Julie Tiemann said...

It's funny you should ask because Mike and I are always singing to her, but we're also always trying to figure out WHAT we should sing. It always seem like I blank on all the thousands of songs I know in that moment. But for now, bathtime is fun UpStreet songs (our kids program at church) - first in English, then in Spanish. :) Songs like "Your Love is Deep" and "I'm Gonna Walk (in the Light of Jesus)". I like to sing sweet songs to her at night - like "I Will" by the Beatles, or "I Am" by Jill Phillips.

Love the post of Abigail singing. Very sweet!

The Wyatts said...

Ever since Josiah was tiny, Justin and I have sung How Great is our God to him for nap time and The Power of the Cross for bedtime. It's funny, as soon as I start singing How Great is our God his eyes start getting droopy. It's neat how it instantly calms Him. I pray the peace of knowing how great his God is helps him rest not just physically but in every way!

Melissa said...

We sing the "slumber song" from "my goodnight bible." It's to the tune of "jesus loves me," but has different words. It's a winner in our house!

amy said...

nighttime songs for us vary. Jesus loves me is a definite standard, and i have a special hymn for each of the girls--great is thy faithfulness for abby and come thou fount for julia. this little light of mine, any hallelujah song and he's got the whole world in his hands are also big hits around here. i'm impressed with all your hymn singing commenters!

Erin said...

um...we sing anything from Ariel to away in the manger. :) Emma went through a huge ariel phase and we had to sing that forever. myah went through an away in a manger phase and the girl knew at least three verses by heart. :) mom and dad tired of those and now we are onto new and better ones. he-he

Anonymous said...

William's favorites are I Will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord, the Hallelujah Chorus (our church sang it on Easter), and Trust and Obey. Since Caroline was born we've added Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline to our list of family favorites. :)
Amanda