Saturday, September 06, 2008

Vacation pictures

We went on vacation with my family to St. Augustine last week. We had a wonderful time! Here are some of the things we got to do...

Build sand castles

Feed the birds-the girls weren't afraid at all!

Enjoy some Sissy time.

Grammy with all her grandkids. All three of them adore her! Ava calls her "Ah-ee"-she hasn't quite gotten her "g's" down yet.



There is a great playground in downtown St. Augustine that we enjoyed one evening.

Time with Papa George. No one could get enough of that either. Ava calls him "Joe" for short.

Swimming, swimming, and more swimming! Ava with all her flotation devices-floaty bathing suit, water wings, and a noodle. She can get around all by herself now-she's becoming such a big girl!

Abigail could have stayed in the pool all day, every day. She loves the water. She even started putting her face in while we were there!

7 comments:

Judy & Marvin said...

I bet that you thought I wasn't reading your blog anymore since I haven't written a comment in such a long time. I read it every day and enjoy it so much. I loved the latest vacation photos, thanks for sending them for us to see. It was good to know that the storm did not take away your fun. You were in my prayers daily. I can't wait to have lunch with "Grammy" and see ALL the pictures and hear all about the great family memories that were made last week. Welcome home!
I love you guys,
Judy

Keri said...

Hmm. interesting. I seem to recall Jon making fun of Mathis's "oompa loompa" outfit when we were swimming with you guys. Now Ava's wearing one, too! :)

It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad the hurricane didn't affect your trip, although Ava's stomach did, I guess. :(

Love, Keri

Jenn ~ said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time! The girls look like they had a blast :)

The Wyatts said...

We had so much fun too! It was a wonderful week. Love all four of you!

Anonymous said...

I signed the guest book and one of the question asked "what was special on the trip?" It was easy to answer.
Daddy and I stood on the deck and watch our grown daughters walk down the pathway to the beach pulling all three kids in a wagon and a cooler. What a moment to reflect and thank God for blessing us with you all!
Praising God for the week!
Love,
Mom

Sara said...

Looks like you had a great trip-the pool is always a hit for us too! Sorry you had to come home early :(

Laura said...

Tell Abigail I said "Good job on the sand castles!"

Your mom's comment made me cry (in a good way). I hope and pray I am able to have one of those moments one day.