I finished two books this week which is quite an accomplishment for me! I'm really bad about reading several books at once and taking forever to actually get through one. If I don't really like a book I usually just won't finish it, so these two passed the test for me to make it through the end.
The Prodigal GodTim Keller
I read this book really quickly after Jon recommended it to me a few weeks ago. I'm a big Tim Keller fan and I loved his insights in this book. The book is about the parable of the Prodigal son but he brings things out I had never thought of before. I highly recommend it!
When Perfect Isn't Enough
Nancy Kennedy
A really easy and fun read. She takes a verse for each chapter and shares a story and an insight.
Now I'm digging in to The Gospel of Ruth by Carolyn Custis James. After reading the first chapter I think this will be a good one too!
(Sorry I'm having problems with the layout of this post-but I'm not going to take any more time to try and fix it. You get the idea! )

3 comments:
Yay Lisa! 2 down..only 4 to go!!
I'm on my way to pick up of When Perfect Isn't Good Enough :)
Thanks for the recommendation.
Hey Lisa,
I don't know if you remember me...but I was Christy's first roomie in college. Anyways, she gave me her blog site and that is where I saw your blog. I have been real encourage by your blogging! I just wanted to let you know that you have planted many little seeds of joy in my heart! (and good ideas) I hope you don't mind....
blessed-tabitha
Post a Comment