I have gotten way out of the blogging world...but I'm coming back!
Jon and I celebrated our 8th anniversary last week. I am so blessed with a wonderful marriage. Jon challenges me, loves me, and makes me laugh every day. He is truly a gift. On the day of our anniversary we attended a funeral for an amazing man, Scott Hamilton. To read his story go here.We had never met him but we know his wife, Pam. The funeral was amazing-so worshipful and sweet, and also such a reminder of what life is really about. There were probably 1,000 people at the funeral, but I was able to see Pam during the worship time. Seeing her sing Blessed be Your Name with all her heart did something to my own. Something about it changed me in a way I can't really explain. To see her living my worst nightmare, still able to worship was truly amazing. I couldn't really see her the rest of the funeral, but I think the Lord just wanted me to see her during that time.
Ironically Jon and I attended a funeral two years ago on our anniversary as well for a dear man who passed away suddenly. It's been sobering to remember these men and their wives as we celebrate our marriage. We don't know how many years we have left and so we celebrate what we have today and are so grateful.
We were able to get away to Winshape retreat for a couple of nights for our anniversary. We had a wonderful relaxing time. It rained most of the time we were there, so it was nice to just stay in, read, sleep, and enjoy uninterrupted conversation! It was fun to visit some special places to us in Rome since that's where we met and dated. Hard to believe that was 10 years ago!
Jon and I celebrated our 8th anniversary last week. I am so blessed with a wonderful marriage. Jon challenges me, loves me, and makes me laugh every day. He is truly a gift. On the day of our anniversary we attended a funeral for an amazing man, Scott Hamilton. To read his story go here.We had never met him but we know his wife, Pam. The funeral was amazing-so worshipful and sweet, and also such a reminder of what life is really about. There were probably 1,000 people at the funeral, but I was able to see Pam during the worship time. Seeing her sing Blessed be Your Name with all her heart did something to my own. Something about it changed me in a way I can't really explain. To see her living my worst nightmare, still able to worship was truly amazing. I couldn't really see her the rest of the funeral, but I think the Lord just wanted me to see her during that time.
Ironically Jon and I attended a funeral two years ago on our anniversary as well for a dear man who passed away suddenly. It's been sobering to remember these men and their wives as we celebrate our marriage. We don't know how many years we have left and so we celebrate what we have today and are so grateful.
We were able to get away to Winshape retreat for a couple of nights for our anniversary. We had a wonderful relaxing time. It rained most of the time we were there, so it was nice to just stay in, read, sleep, and enjoy uninterrupted conversation! It was fun to visit some special places to us in Rome since that's where we met and dated. Hard to believe that was 10 years ago!
This is the spot at Oak Hill where we had a DTR (defining the relationship) talk. We weren't dating at the time but both clearly liked each other. I think our relationship is pretty defined now!
For those of you who know our bridge story, this is the sacred spot. ; )
The bridge in downtown Rome. It actually didn't exist when we dated, but it's a really pretty spot!

4 comments:
Welcome back, friend. You've been missed!
So glad you guys got away! You deserved that for sure!
Yay! I need to blog again soon, too. :)
Great photos! I'm sure you guys had a great time! Glad yo see you back blogging!
Beautiful Couple inside and out!
I am thankful. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment