Monday, August 21, 2006

We're here!

Hello again! I'm finally back to blogging. Sorry to all of you who have checked my blog only to see I hadn't updated it for quite some time. I am back though! We are doing well and getting settled in Hixson pretty quickly. The transition has been a fairly smooth one-easier for me than I anticipated. We had been coming here for so long already that it has been pretty easy to adjust. We had tons of help moving in Flowery Branch and here as well. As soon as we pulled in here on Wednesday, we had someone taking lunch orders to go get lunch for us. There was even someone here helping us move that neither Jon nor I had even met. We've had meals provided this week and a homemade apple pie dropped off too. We are being well taken care of already! We're in a 2 bedroom apartment right next to the church, so Jon has been walking to work and coming home for lunch everyday. That's been nice! I have stayed busy getting our apartment settled and making it home. Abigail is doing great with everything. She likes her new "partment," especially the playground right outside our porch! She started Pioneer Clubs last night at church. It's similar to Awanas for those of you familiar with that. She looked adorable in her too-big t-shirt! She's already making some friends at church. Since we got here she has also been really interested in the potty-so maybe this will be a motivating change for her! Our little girl is really growing up. The little girl inside me is also growing! It seems like I get bigger everyday, so she must be getting bigger too! I am in the process of finding a doctor up here. Our insurance should take effect September 1st-yeah! I'm anxious to get all that lined up so I can know who I'll be seeing and what hospital I will deliver Ava at--the Lord knows all that though! Thanks for your prayers and love as we have moved. I will blog again soon! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet friend, its so good to "see" you guys are doing well and you had lots of help moving in! And sweet little Abigail with her big shirt-I'm sure you are so loved already by your new church family! I miss you and am so glad to hear all is well!

Melissa said...

Yea - so good to "hear" from you! CG just isn't the same without you guys! So glad to hear that the move went smoothly - both here and there! Your new church family has to know how lucky they are to have you!

keri said...

yay...i'm glad you are back. keep posting! sounds like you have just moved right into life there and i'm so glad people are loving on you! so hope you are feeling the love from your georgia friends too! we'll keep praying for your house to sell here. i know that will be a huge stress relief once it does. love to you and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

Hey sissy,
I miss you and Abigail and Jon lots already! But I'm so excited for this new step for your family. I can't wait to see your new "partment" :) Give Ava some Aunt Christy love and of course give the munchkin a big hug from me too. Love you, Sissy

Anonymous said...

It made me smile to read your posts and see Abigail's pictures- she is precious. I miss you guys a ton and was sad to hear that you moved before I could hang out with you all one last time. I thought you had moved during the summer while I was still in Spain, but Lillie informed me otherwise; she also told me you're expecting. Lisa, that is such wonderful news! I just laughed when I heard because I know what joy that brings to you and Jon. I pray that God heaps blessing upon blessing on you guys this year.
~Rachael

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

YAY! SO glad y'all are there and getting moved in AND are being so well taken care of. It still hasn't hit me that y'all are gone. Be sure to post pictures of that ever-growing belly, too :) Love y'all! Deborah

Anonymous said...

I don't want to hear about how much your new church loves you...it reminds me how much we miss you! It seems like so much has already changed for you guys in these past couple weeks...We miss you guys so much