Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday smiles

I was cooking some spaghetti for our dinner tonight when Abigail walked into the kitchen. She grabbed the box of noodles off the counter, and then spilled them all over the kitchen floor!



That was the only box of spaghetti noodles I had, so I picked up the cleanest ones off the floor (should I be admitting this?) to use for our dinner. Then we pulled out the broom and dustpan and started cleaning up. (Notice the size of my kitchen floor-yes, that is the whole thing you are seeing!)




After a little while, I asked Abigail if she wanted me to finish cleaning up, and she said "I too tired to finish." She had just woken up from a 2 1/2 hour nap, but I didn't argue. Then she asked me to take her shirt off because she was "hot and sweaty." I guess cleaning up noodles is hard work! You never know what's going to come out of that girl's mouth!

The Lord gave me a smile through that today, and I thought you might could use one too!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I walked in the kitchen the other day and Mitch was using Mason's toy broom to sweep up something he'd spilled while cooking. It was the funniest sight - to see tall Mitch with this tiny green kiddie broom!

Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I can't believe how big she is getting-what a cutie! It was so great seeing you this weekend! I miss you, friend! ( and there is definitely enough room on that floor to play play-doh)!

Anonymous said...

You cooked it in boiling water right? :) I think it will be ok to feed to jon, but definately let me know if it kills him! Especially since we eat a lot of it off the floor...