Things I've learned since having baby #2...
1. Since I'm sleep deprived and lose track of what day it is anyway, I can do a Thursday Thirteen on Wednesday. : )
2. Showers really aren't that important. My hair actually looks pretty good after 3 days of not washing it...
3. Ava's head can take much more of Abigail's pokes, twists, and turns than I imagined it would.
4. I have an amazing husband who is also a great daddy. I knew this before, but it's been shown many times over lately.
5. I never thought about it before, but my eating schedule is very similar to a baby's. I like to eat every 2 or 3 hours.
6. Taking care of a baby is in many ways easier than taking care of a 2 1/2 year old.
7. I can now multi-task in new ways. I can nurse Ava, read a magazine, and play doctor with Abigail all at the same time.
8. I can still smile and stay somewhat calm (most of the time) with two screaming children in the backseat of the car.
9. Having 2 kids means a lot less time for myself and more time for holding, playing, singing, feeding, and changing diapers.
10. It is possible to go through 3 diapers in one diaper change. Ava's caught me off guard several times...
11. Three hours of sleep in a row sounds life a wonderfully long time.
12. Abigail has changed sooo much in 2 1/2 years. How does so much happen in that short time to make her into the little person that she is? Amazing.
13. It is an amazing blessing to now have two precious daughters to love, raise, and care for each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I love it! I'm right there w/ you with #3 and #10! How Baby #2 survives with a 2 year old big sister is beyond me. And those 3 hour sleep increments really will be gone before you know it and you'll be sleeping for 8 hours again soon, so press on! :) Love and miss you- Deborah
I am right there with you on every one, except my hair starts looking really ratty on day 3. :)
- Laura
It really is a Brave New World, but it is so fun to watch siblings interact. And yes, I'm on the "every other day" hairwashing method now.
#2 makes me laugh...i realized after having evan that showers were a luxury!! and it certainly didn't happen every day! (still doesn't!!)
loved hearing some daily life stuff! Miss you guys and glad to know you're doing well. Can't wait to meet sweet Ava!
What a wonderful list! You are finding joy in motherhood even while sleep deprived! Now that is an accomplishment! You have beautiful girls! May God bless this wonderful season of your life...they grow so fast,don't they?
Kim
Lisa~ this was really cute...I just recently found your blog. A little late but Congratulations on the birth of Ava and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Jamie Van Houten
All I have to say is...You are not that sleep deprived yet! Oh yeah, and give those precious girls a kiss for me.
What a great list! So funny, sweet, and true! I remember having 2 under 2!
Kids do change us - and for the better I might add!
Post a Comment