Jon's home! My plans to surprise him at the airport fell through because their flight was delayed, but his handsome scruffy face arrived home about 12:30 last night. Unfortunately he only came home with his carry-on because his luggage got lost in Chicago. He had given away most of his clothes, so the main things in his suitcase were souveniers. Hopefully they will find the luggage and will ship it on to us this week!
I think it's an understatement to say we were glad to see each other-we were up until after 3 am catching up! Jon had many stories to tell, well I guess I did too! And I already feel like I have a good sense of what it all must have been like for him. It was so much fun and I felt like we were in college again, except for a couple of differences #1 we could go to sleep next to each other in bed (good!) and #2 two sweet kiddos prevented us from staying in bed until noon today like we would prefer (not so good!) I'll post some pictures of Jon's trip later. This post has already taken me much longer than it ususally would to type...I think half my brain is still asleep and I can't get the words out like I usually can! But thanks to all of you for your prayers for Jon and for me. This week has been transforming time for both of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Such good news! Reunions are so sweet! Can't wait to see the pictures. Welcome Home Jon!
sweet reunion!! absence makes the heart grow fonder! you survived lisa...i'm proud of you my friend! :)
Yea! To God be the Glory for the great things He has done!
Love,
Grammy/Mom
We beat you by an hour getting to bed. We were up until 2:00. Andy couldn't wait till morning to give us our souvenirs. I also knew he would want to share stories as much as I would want to hear them. The boys went back to sleep not long after we got home (only after unwrapping surprises). I hope Jon's bag gets to you all soon. God is very gracious and kind in seeing our families through this past week.
Can't wait to hear the details of how God worked in and through them. Enjoy your sweet reunion!
Love, Amanda
So glad your little family is back together and everyone is healthy and happy! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Yay!! I am so glad he made it home safely and you survived. I'm not sure if I would. Can't wait to hear the stories.
I was so glad to hear that Jon was back home with the girls who love him most and to hear that he had an awesome trip. Thanks for the photos; it brings it home for us doesn't it? The photos of the children are so great, how precious they are in His sight. If we can reach these little ones now just think what an impact they will have in the years to come. Jon has just planted the seeds and now we can all watch them grow!! I love you guys, Judy Mitchell
Post a Comment