Friday, August 17, 2007

One year...

Yesterday marked one year since we moved to Tennessee. It has been quite a year! Jon and I agreed it feels like much longer than that. Here are just a few of the things we have experienced this year!

*moved into our apartment and put half our stuff in storage for 7 months
*Jon started a new job and ministry (actually he started in June, but was there officially full-time in August)
*we met lots of new people!
*went back and forth on our insurance for months, not sure where our baby would be born and if we would even have insurance to cover her birth!
*waited for our house to sell...
*Abigail started preschool
*went to Jon's 10 year high school reunion
*welcomed Ava Grace into the world
*Jon took a group to the Passion conference in Atlanta
*we both turned 29
*we sold and closed on our house (finally!)
*Jon went to the Piper Pastors' Conference in Minnesota
*Jon was ordained in the PCA
*potty-trained Abigail
*moved out of our apartment and into our house (yay!)
*we celebrated our 6 year anniversary-and sadly on the same day attended a funeral for a man who had quickly become dear to us since our move here
*I found out I had kidney stones
*Ava was baptized
*We bought a mini-van
*Jon taught a Quest class for Covenant College
*Abigail turned 3
*we welcomed Josiah Gardner to the world-and we became Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jon!
*I co-led our women's Bible study
*Jon went to General Assembly in Memphis
*Abigail went to Music Camp at church
*Jon went to Kenya!!
*We took a family vacation to Pigeon Forge
*Gretchen and Zach got married-Jon officiated, I was matron of honor, Abigail was flower girl

And I will also add, we have made many new friends and have experienced God in so many new ways together this year. It has been a hard year, but the Lord has been faithful. I can truly say the struggles and changes have drawn us closer to Him, as well as to each other. I wouldn't trade those things for anything, even for an "easy" year!

Fear not, for I am with you
Be not dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you, I will help you
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Isaiah 41:10

He has done this, and we praise Him!

8 comments:

keri said...

its amazing to think you experienced all those things this year! we still miss you here though!!

Brea said...

Wow, you really did pack a lot into a year. I think that's enough activity and change to fill two! How encouraging to be able to look back and see God's faithfulness and provision.

oofie goofie said...

Sounds like quite a year of sanctification! We are glad you are here!

Sammy said...

It seems so much longer than a year! And especially with a list like that! We do miss you guys so much, but are glad you have made many great new friendships and experienced all of these new things!

David, Christy, Hannah and Jacob said...

Lisa and Jon,

I think our year like yours is jsut beginning! I think we have done about 10 things off that list as well! I'm glad to hear you guys survived it all and are better for it. God is faithful and we are excited about all the "newness" - yes, even the potty training and sleepless newborn nights. Love you guys!

Melissa said...

It's great to reflect and see God's provision for you and your family! I remember when talk of Tenn first began and that seems so long ago!

Carol Hoffman said...

Yes, indeed a year of change and growth for all!
I am so proud of you and thankful that you are looking back. We always see God when we move beyond the present and often hard places.
I enjoy my drive as often as I can and feel God always has a word for my heart as I drive.
Love,
Grammy

Judy & Marvin said...

Hi Lisa, Jon and girls,
A year of blessings is what I see when I read your blog; God is good isn't He? I must admit, it did make me a little "tired" just to see what you had been through. At my age it would have given me a few more gray hairs (that is, if I had hair!!!)

Seriously, I have now discovered your blog and plan to keep updated on what is happening with you and your precious family. The girls are beautiful!

As we walk down the pathway that God has chosen for us, (when we get a little farther down the road and look back),----THAT IS WHEN WE SEE HIS HAND ON OUR LIVES AS NEVER BEFORE and WE GIVE HIM THE PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING FOR EVERYTHING. May the next year ahead be one filled with many of God's richest blessings for all of you. I love you guys!!
Judy Mitchell