Monday, September 24, 2007


Just an update on the girls...
Ava is sleeping better, but still is waking up once in the night. She isn't eating at all though, so we're making some progress! She usually cries until I go in and pat her for a minute, then I leave, she cries a few more minutes, then goes to sleep. Not too bad I guess! She is also standing well on her own. She has even taken a little step a couple of times. I wouldn't call it walking, but I don't think it will be too long before she's walking all over the place! Her favorite thing to say is dada-and I think now she is associating that word with Jon. She loves to look at pictures of people, and today I was holding her by the fridge where we have some pictures up. I asked her where Daddy was, and she pointed to Jon in one of the pictures!

Abigail went to the dentist last week and did great! We had an unsuccessful visit a month or so ago, so we took her with us for our teeth cleaning appointments last week. She watched Jon sitting in the chair and decided she was ready to do that too! So when her appointment came, she opened wide while she had her teeth scraped, cleaned, and flossed. She talked to all the people in the office and was so proud to show off her shiny teeth to everyone. She even wanted me to pick her up as we were leaving so she could show her teeth to the receptionist. She is growing up and is becoming such a great companion for me. She still adores Ava and is trying to teach her new things everyday. This morning she was showing Ava how she could get dressed on her own, and she told her one day when she grew up, she could get dressed on her own like her big sissy!

4 comments:

Donna said...

That is so sweet about Abigail adoring Ava! I am so glad the dentist visit went well!

Sammy said...

Those sweet girls are getting so big! Glad to read about you guys and whats going on-you are missed!

keri said...

wow, they really are growing up! thanks for filling us in. i'm glad ava is sleeping better. i just noticed you have music now....its so peaceful :)

Melissa said...

It must be dentist time - Mason had his first visit recently too! Glad Abigail's visit went well!