Thursday, November 15, 2007

Our Thanksgiving meal...a little early

Since we will be out of town most of next week, we decided to have our own little family Thanksgiving dinner tonight. This is actually the first time I have done this all on my own. I cooked a turkey in the crockpot (it wasn't very pretty, but it tasted delicious!), stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, and rolls. I even made sweet tea for us-something I never do! It was a special time for our family. We all shared things we are thankful for as we ate. Abigail said she was thankful for God's promises. Amen to that!

7 comments:

oofie goofie said...

Good job, Lisa! It looks very yummy. How exciting it is for Abigail to be thankful for the promises of God!(and at 3)

keri said...

what a sweet time with your family. you were busy cooking that meal!!

Kerry said...

Uhhh...does that mean you'll be here next week??? And, maybe I might could get to see you and your beautiful family??? I hope so!

Anonymous said...

How much fun! Good work cooking all that stuff. What a blessing to hear her thankfulness at such a young age. Love, Amanda

Anonymous said...

How much fun! Good work cooking all that stuff. What a blessing to hear her thankfulness at such a young age. Love, Amanda

Melissa said...

Thanksgiving intimidates me - way to go! And Mitch told me he saw you guys over the weekend!

Carol Hoffman said...

I am so proud of you! Is that pink garbage on the table too? You are a great mom and wife!
God Bless your sweet heart!
Love,
Mom