Well, the word is officially out now--We are moving back to Georgia. Jon has been hired as an assistant pastor for a new PCA church plant in Cumming. Ralph Johnston, who we know from East Lanier, will be the lead pastor. Jon will be leading worship and will be over all discipleship/small group/education type things. The church will have its first service on Easter Sunday at Coal Mountain Elementary.
We are both excited about this opportunity. We have a very clear sense of calling from God that this is where He wants us. We see ourselves at this church long term and that excites me. The transition is hard though. In some ways it feels like we just got here. There are many people I have met here that I feel like I just haven't had enough time with yet. So it is a bittersweet time.
At this point, we're just waiting for our house to sell. Here we go again, right? We're praying for a better experience this time and are hopeful that we won't have any problems. We have a house in Cumming that we're interested in getting if the timing works out. We'll just wait and see. We appreciate all of your prayers for us, for all the logistical details, as well as for our hearts to be ready to take this next step of faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Lisa,
That's great news. How exciting that you are doing such wonderful work for our Lord. I have been thinking about you all since your birthday. I will be praying for a smooth transition and that your house sells quickly.
See you in GA soon!
Keren
I am so happy y'all are moving back! I will be praying for your house to sell quickly.
Congratulations! I hate that we didn't get time to get to know your family more, but I know you're encouraged to be sent where the Lord wants you to be. Keep blogging and we'll stay connected!
Yay! I'm glad you'll be closer...but I'll be praying for you, too!
I have to say that I am very sad that you all will be leaving our church!!! You and your family are so kind and loving...a breath of fresh air at our church! I will really miss hearing you and Jon sing and worship together!!!!! I will also miss Jon's Bible teaching very, very much! He is such a gifted teacher!
But, I will be praying for a smooth moving process for you all! God bless you and your family!
I'm glad that we got to know and enjoy you over this past year and a half. I will miss you all, but this opportunity sounds perfect for Jon. I have really loved all his sermons, and if that's not enough to bring people back, your duets will be! And of course, it's always good to be closer to family.
Please keep blogging, because I want to keep up with how your church plant is doing and how your girls are growing!
Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's amazing news Lisa! We know Ralph a bit from East Lanier and have only heard wonderful things about him and the new church plant. What a blessing that you can see God's hand so clearly leading you.
We're so excited to see where the Lord is leading you! Isn't it peaceful to know that it is HIM leading you and not yourselves?! We can't wait to see how this church grows and becomes your "family". We will be praying for a smooth transition and a quick and easy sell on the house.
Wow this is exciting! Finally, us "Georgians" get to have you again! Yours and Jon's faith is a continual example and encouragement to me. Thank you, Lisa!
Excellent! Thanks for looking at my kitchen stuff!!! Cumming is so close to me! I live at Exit 5 off 400!!!
Happy Dance!! Julie can't wait to see her friends again!!! (oh, me too!)
Post a Comment