Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A few weeks ago as we were riding in the van...

Abigail: Mommy, I wonder what Heaven's like...
Me: Well, we know some things about Heaven from the Bible. We know no one will be sick there and no one will be sad or cry. And we know that all the people who believe in Jesus will be there.
Abigail: I believe in Him. (She said this very soft and sweet, and my heart melted at that point!)
Me: I do too, Honey.
Abigail: And Daddy does too! But Ava's too little to believe in Him, right?
Me: Well, yes, but that's why we teach her about Jesus now, so that she'll understand soon about Jesus.
Abigail: But Ava shared with me the other day! (How about that-she already connects believing in Jesus to doing good!)
Me: That just shows God is working in her heart.
Abigail: He's working in my heart too Mommy! And He's working in your heart, and in Daddy's heart too! (She was getting really excited at this point!) He's working everywhere! He's even working in Spain in Rachel's heart!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Awww. Heart-melting, indeed. :)

Julie Tiemann said...

Wow - you guys are obviously doing an amazing job teaching your kiddos about Jesus. Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

are those moments not the most precious moments ever?!

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm so glad you wrote that down -- that is indescribably special! I love that girl & so thankful to see evidence of God working in her heart!!!